Install Intel Drivers on ESX 4.x
This issue may occur if the drivers for the network controller are not installed.
To resolve this issue, download the Driver CD for the network controller and install the drivers.
To install drivers for devices as part of a new ESX installation:
- Place the ESX installation DVD in the DVD drive of the host.
- Click Accept to the terms of the license agreement.
- Select a keyboard type.
- When prompted for Custom Drivers, click Yes to install custom drivers.
- Click Add to eject the ESX installation DVD.
- Place the driver CD in the DVD drive of the ESX host.
- Select driver module to import drivers to the ESX host.
- Click Next to continue. This message appears: Load the system drivers.
- Click Yes to load the driver module.
- Follow the instructions on screen and continue installing ESX .
To update or add drivers on an existing ESX installation using esxupdate:
- Power on the ESX host and log in as root.
- Mount the driver CD in the CD-ROM drive of the ESX host.For example:
- Navigate to <cd mount point>/offline-bundle/.For example:
- Locate the INT-intel-lad-ddk-igb-18.104.22.168-offline_bundle-166506.zip file.
- Run the esxupdate command to install drivers using the offline bundle. For example:
esxupdate –bundle=INT-intel-lad-ddk-igb-22.214.171.124-offline_bundle-166506.zip update