NPP in NOS 4.X
I took the NPP exam on Saturday. I scored a 72%. The good thing it is online and free. 🙂
Here are the requirements to pass:
- The exam consists of 50 multiple choice and true/false questions.
- You will be allowed up to two hours to complete the exam.
- A minimum of 80% is required to pass the exam.
- You are allowed three (3) attempts at passing the exam. If you do not successfully
complete the exam after three attempts, you will need to contact the Nutanix Training
Department to discuss test alternatives.
Does not sound to hard, correct? Sure. I have worked with Nutanix systems for the last 2 years and I did not pass.
Here are the topics that are covered:
- Understanding Storage Management
- Nutanix Command Center (Prism)
- Nutanix Cluster configuration
- Native backup and recovery configuration
- Nutanix cluster troubleshooting
- Failure scenario analysis
Here are the documents/courses you can take:
- Nutanix Administration Course (NOS 4.X)
- Self-Paced Online
- Instructor-led Training
- Nutanix Technical Publications (http://portal.nutanix.com)
- Nutanix Command Reference Guide
- Nutanix Setup Guide
- Nutanix Web Console Guide
For everyone that wants to take this test good luck. The test was difficult. The main issue that I think I faced was check all that apply. In other words there could be one answer or four answers. I am sure the next time I will make the NPP cut.